Throughout the year, students from Year 7-11 will sit internal exams. This is not only to familiarise students with the process of sitting a formal exam, but also to provide a means of assessing their progress throughout the year.
Exams that will take place this academic year are:
- Year 11 Mock Exams: Mon 9th Jan – Fri 27th Jan Revision booklet - Download/View
- Year 10: Mon 19th Jun – Fri 30th Jun Revision booklet - Download/view
- Year 9: Mon 5th Dec – Thurs 8th Dec Revision booklet - Download/View
- Year 8: Tues 18th Apr – Fri 21st Apr Revision booklet - Download/View
- Year 7: Tues 2nd May – Fri 5th May Revision booklet - Download/View
- Year 7 Subject Knowledge Organisers
Internal Exam Timetables
Below you will find links to Internal Exam Timetables for sessions which are current or forthcoming:
External GCSE Exams
A copy of the most up-to-date timetable for the Summer 2023 examination series can be downloaded by clicking here:
GCSE and External Exam Timetable - Summer 2023
Practical Examinations and Speaking Tests
These will normally be held in specialist rooms/buildings. Details of venues and times will be published well in advance.
These will normally be held in the Sports Hall, though a small number of students may take their exams in other locations as published. It is each student's responsibility to be at the correct venue, on time, for each exam.
Whilst some exams may start slightly earlier, our normal start times are: morning exams – 9:00 am & afternoon exams – 1.30 pm
- If you miss an exam, you CANNOT take it at a different time, so keep your timetable safe. You will be given a final personalised GCSE timetable that will include rooms and seat numbers.
- Unauthorised materials MAY NOT be taken into examination rooms. Bring only the basic equipment you need for each exam: black ink pen (NO OTHER COLOUR IS ALLOWED); ruler; pencil; rubber
- Mathematical instruments are needed for relevant examinations; calculators may be used in certain exams only
- Pencil must not be used for written answers. If you want to use a pencil-case, it MUST be completely see-through
- Gel pens, correcting pens and correction fluid, such as Tippex, are NOT ALLOWED.
Our e-book series expands on the themes covered in the webinar, providing parents with practical tips for how they can discuss and use the skills covered in the webinars with their children
Articles and blogs
We will also provide short, quick-read articles and summaries featuring tips on the themes covered in the webinars and e-books that you can include in school newsletters, social media and wider communications