Cycle to School
Bicycles can be used as a method of transport to school by students. However, to safeguard the safety of students, the school has the following expectations:
- Students will ride sensibly and with due regard to the Highway Code and other road
- Cycles are maintained in a roadworthy condition.
- No cycling is permitted on the school site; students must dismount at the entrance to the school drive and wheel their cycle to the bike racks.
- All cycles must be parked in the bike racks.
- Students must leave their helmet with their Pastoral Leader during the school day.
- Cycles can only be used in the morning and going home at night – they are not allowed off site at lunchtime.
- It is the student’s responsibility to lock their cycle to the bike rack when in school.
- King James’s School will not accept liability for any loss or damage however sustained.
- Students will be banned from bringing their cycle to school if they cause a nuisance with it.
- We recommend that you insure your cycle as it is not covered by King James’s School insurance.
Permission to Cycle to School form - Download/View