The health and wellbeing of everyone in the King James’s School community is something that we take very seriously. As a school we have presented our good practice locally at Northorpe Hall and regionally at Leeds Beckett University.
What we do for students - we have:
- a full time Welfare Officer (Mrs Atkinson)
- a full time Wellbeing Mentor (Mrs Norton)
- a PSHCE curriculum includes units of work on physical health, sexual health and mental health.
- exam stress workshops for students struggling with exams.
- a Student Support Centre with Thrive trained staff to support our most vulnerable students
- a core group of Senior Students who focus on health and wellbeing in order to develop new strategies and ideas and represent student voice.
- links with Kirklees MHST (Mental Health Support Team)
Find out more here
What we do for staff - we have:
- TES Staff Pulse monthly surveys to monitor staff wellbeing.
- Staff Forum that meets regularly
- explored and signed the DFE Education Staff Wellbeing Charter
- produced and follow policies designed to support staff if and when they need it. We are committed to supporting the health and welfare of our colleagues and seek to provide a positive and healthy working environment, recognising the value of physical and non-physical, health and well-being.
Read more here
What we do for parents and carers - we have:
- a large Pastoral team consisting of Pastoral Leaders and Assistant Pastoral leaders. They are non teaching, full staff members of staff.
- 'Spotlight on' focus which is shared with parents via the weekly bulletin
- Termly Wellbeing newsletter written by our staff Wellbeing Champions. Previous newsletters have included features on Intervention at KJS: Intervention therapy; Bereavement; Movember; Time to Talk Day and 6 Weeks of Well-Being
Useful health and wellbeing links for parents and carers:
- Heads together
- Mental Health Foundation
- NHS – Every mind matters
- Thriving Kirklees
- Young Minds help for parents
Read more here
If you have any questions or queries, please contact Mrs Terry on email@example.com