Careers is very important at King James’s School and we were thrilled to retain the Quality in Careers Standard in Autumn 2020 .
The Careers Team work hard together to ensure that all students are prepared for life post 16 when they move on from us. This is done through the curriculum, enrichment opportunities and our close links with C&K Careers, Post 16 establishments and local employers and businesses that allow students to develop an understanding of different career paths.
Our aim is to inspire pupils to chase and achieve their dreams and ensure that individuals’ personal aspirations are the most important factor in any activity. We do this by helping them to access information on the full range of post-16 education and training opportunities that is up to date, impartial and free from bias and stereotyping.
The Careers Team work hard to ensure that all of our students receive high quality careers education, information, advice and guidance, and this is especially true for our vulnerable, disadvantaged and pupil premium students.
King James’s School Careers Team 2022 - 2023
- Jo Fitzgerald - Success for All leader
- Kirsty Flynn - Leader of Alternative Curriculum
- Janette Haworth - Pastoral Leader Year 11
- Jan Jones - Governor linked with Careers
- Palwinder Kang - Assistant Principal with responsibility for Pathways
- Sammie Kerrod - admin support for Careers
- Alice Kleinman - Pastoral Leader Year 10
- Sarah Moore - Careers Adviser, C+K Careers
- Abbi Terry - Careers Leader and Assistant Principal with responsibility for Careers
If you wish to contact us about anything relating to careers or preparation for life after KJS, please email Abbi Terry on email@example.com
If you would like a careers appointment with our careers adviser, you can either speak to your Pastoral Leader or contact Sarah Moore from C+K Careers on firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on our website
We have included a wealth of key information about careers and options at Post 16. Please use the tabs for details about: